If you wish that your kids could be more active in outdoor activities, perhaps it’s time you got them the Currie technologies eZip 4.5 electric scooter. The scooter is great as it could be used for making short trips in the neighborhood thereby making it fun to ride them. They come with an earth magnet motor that has a voltage of 450-watt DC. This is enough to power it up for these trips. It is built to handle rough play from the kids and has tough tires that are street-slick on its 12.5 inch alloy wheels. It could also be used by adults as they are built tough to handle any weight.
The key features of the scooter include:
- An EV-rated SLA battery type which features a plug-and-play design in a pack that is nylon handled.
- An exclusive Currie PWM microprocessor controller that is smart powered. It is a 24-volt fully potted with a battery gauge and relay protection.
- Its top speed reaches 18 MPH but it is dependent on the terrain and weight of the rider.
- It keeps the charge for 6 to 8 hours and comes with a 90 day warranty from the manufacturer. The charge system is the Currie smart charger that is UL listed with a LED status display. It has an easy power on/off switch and a seat kit that is easy on/off tapered.
- Its brakes involve a front linear pull brake that has an alloy motor inhibiting lever and power modulator.
There are several safety features that are designed to make the scooter safe for use and they include the following. The deck is made using the non-slip ABS resin so as to reduce the chances of the rider sliding when riding on the scooter. The tires are street slick made with the Tuff-Tire technology which incorporates the Elastomer sub-tread that reduces chances of the tires flatting. The wheels are also wide to increase the stability of the scooter when it is in motion. The fork involves a front suspension that has an over steering limit. The handlebars are the lay-forward type with a folding design thereby minding the safety of the rider.
Most people who have used these scooters offer various reviews about them. The negative reviews they get from several people who have used them are that they develop problems after a short time of use. Others claim that they are under-powered and thus do not perform as per their advertisements claim. A few complained that their battery lives were cut to almost a half after a few weeks. However, these are some problems that affect individual scooters and if one returns them before the warranty period expires, they could be able to get better scooters that should perform as expected.
The positive reviews that the scooter gets from people who have used it include the following. The scooter is easy to assemble straight out of the box as it takes less than 30 minutes to complete the assembly process. It is very sturdy to withstand the weight, style of riding and different terrains. It is able to run as fast as 15 miles per hour, easy to keep steady and control. It has low maintenance needs as only the chain needs to be oiled once in a while. All in all the Currie Technologies eZip 4.5 electric scooter is a great scooter to have due to the amount of fun it brings together with its sturdiness and ease of riding.