Best Tricycle for Kids – Toddlers, 1, 2, 3 Year Old – Push Handle & Motor Trike
Do you remember the first time you rode a bike? The feel of the wind in your hair and the thrill of moving fast, under your own power, as you pedaled your first bike is a memory you likely cherish, and many parents can’t wait to pass on that exciting rite of passage to their own children.
You don’t have to wait until your son or daughter can balance on two wheels to experience the freedom of their first bike, ride, however. Giving your toddler a sturdy tricycle is a terrific way to help them build confidence as a rider, have tons of fun and get exercise at the same time.
Tricycles also provide a great way to promote a lifelong love of physical activity as well as independence and fine motor skills. Whether your toddler is still wobbling uncertainly on two feet or is a 3-year-old ball of energy who never seems to stop moving, you can easily find a tricycle that will grow with your child and that boasts a ton of safety features along with fun accents, like bells, colorful decals, streamers and “secret” storage compartments. If your are looking for a 4 wheeler instead, you must take a look at our power wheels comparison to get your child an amazing ride this season.
Adventure and discovery await your child on their very first trike whether he’s riding alongside you on the way to a neighborhood park or she’s zipping around grandma’s house. Don’t forget to strap a helmet on your little rider, and get ready to enjoy the look of wonder on their face as they zoom off on their very first tricycle.
The Best Tricycle for Toddlers
Toddlers grow so fast that you may be unsure about the right size tricycle for their needs, and you don’t necessarily want to purchase a new tricycle every few months. Fortunately, there are plenty of options that essentially grow with your child and that feature adjustable seats or that convert from a push-along vehicle to a classic trike with ease. The best tricycles for toddlers are those that grow alongside your child and provide years of enjoyment.
5 Top Rated Trikes for Toddlers: Quick Comparison
Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike
Durable and versatile, the Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike is a top-seller among the best toddler tricycles, and it’s easy to see why. The large foot pedals give beginners plenty of space for their feet to grip, and the trike’s wide, stable base ensures control over varied terrain, both indoors and out. With a price tag of about $30, this Tough Trike is an exceptional value that your child can grow into, and it cleans up easily using only soap and water.
- Recommended for riders 2 – 6 years old.
- Attractive features include rugged tires and “secret” storage compartment under the comfort-ride seat.
- Your toddler can start their ride by turning the clicking “key”
- The Harley-Davidson Tough Trike is easy to assemble in about 15 minutes.
Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike
Boasting tons of “grown-up” features like a cup holder and spacious rear storage compartment, the Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike is a solid investment for your growing child. She’ll love the bright pink color and foot rests that convert to pedals as she gains confidence, and you’ll love the roller-style canopy that protects her from UV rays. The 4-in-1 Trike converts from a stroller to classic tricycle in four distinct stages and is designed to grow with children 9 months to 5 years old.
- Three-point safety harness keeps your little lady securely buckled.
- Features steel frame construction and a fully adjustable, grow-with-me seat.
- Maximum weight capacity is 49 pounds.
- The sturdy parent push handle and comfy headrest are easy to remove.
- Soft plastic wheels are virtually noiseless yet tough and durable.
Roadmaster Duo Deck 10-Inch Trike
With classic styling and a bright, cherry-red finish that resists rust, the Roadmaster Duo Deck 10-Inch Trike is a no-frills starter trike. The trike’s rear duo-deck fender is sturdy and perfect for a small passenger, under adult supervision. A 10-inch front tire and strong chrome handlebars with rubber grips provide stability, reduce the chance of tipping and help instill confidence in your little rider.
- The trike’s maximum weight capacity is 50 pounds.
- Recommended for riders ages 18 months and older.
- Rubber tires, rather than hard plastic, ensure a smooth and quiet ride.
- The Roadmaster Duo Deck’s seat is fully adjustable.
Fisher-Price Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike
The Fisher-Price Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike grows with your child for years over three stages, with no tools required. This cute, light blue trike starts out as a rocking horse-style ride, allowing your toddler to learn to balance comfortably. When he or she is ready, you can convert the rocker base into a parent push handle, or remove it entirely and let your little rider pedal on their own. Perfect for indoor and outdoor use, the Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike wipes clean easily with water and mild soap ans is considered one of the best toddler tricycles.
- Easy to assemble in about 20 minutes using a hammer and screwdriver.
- Designed for kids ages 18 months – 5 years.
- Lightweight yet sturdy plastic construction.
Fisher Price Grow With Me Trike
Available in both light blue and purple to make both boys and girls happy, the Fisher Price Grow With Me Trike is sturdy, safe and dependable. Recommended for riders between 2 – 5 years, the Grow With Me Trike features an adjustable seat and durable plastic construction that’s easy to clean. If your little rider can’t yet reach the pedals, he or she can safely scoot along with their feet.
- The Grow With Me Trike comes with simple instructions and can be assembled in 20 minutes or less.
- Maximum recommended weight is 55 pounds.
- The trike’s wide wheel base provides exceptional stability and resists tipping.
The Best Tricycle for Your 1-Year-Old Baby
Even if your 1-year-old is still learning to walk, he or she can easily pick up cycling skills. The best baby tricycles for the youngest riders are durable and safe, and most have adjustable seats that can accommodate their growth.
4 Top Rated Trikes for 1 Year Old Baby: Quick Comparison
Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4-in-1 Trike
Start them out early with the fully adjustable Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4-in-1 Trike that’s designed for kids ages 9 months – 4 years. Whether you’re taking a leisurely walk around the neighborhood or heading out for a day of adventure at the park, you can bring along plenty of snacks and supplies thanks to the trike’s spacious behind-the-seat storage bucket and drink holder. This attractive teal trike easily converts from a stroller to a “big kid” bike over four stage.
- The versatile parent push handle boasts a wide swivel radius for easy maneuvering.
- Safety features of the trike include a 5-point seat belt harness, protective safety bar and sun canopy.
- Comfortable, high-back seat is fully adjustable.
- The Perfect Fit 4-in-1 Trike accommodates kids up to 50 pounds.
Schwinn Easy Steer Tricycle
Trusted Schwinn quality and toddler-friendly features combine in the sturdy and fun Easy Steer Toddler Tricycle. The trike’s wide wheel base ensures exceptional stability over all types of terrain, and the collapsible footrest bar gives your little rider a place to rest his or her tired feet. A removable steer handle lets you control your child’s speed, and the Easy Steer Tricycle is designed to comfortably accommodate taller adults without the need to to bend over as you push your child along.
- The Schwinn Easy Steer Tricycle is classically styled and painted an eye-catching red.
- Easy to assemble with minimal tools needed.
- This heavy-duty trike features a 3-point seat belt and fixed rubber tires.
- Zippered bag on seat back securely holds your phone, keys, water bottles and snacks while on the go.
- Fixed foot pedals allow for both forwards and backwards pedal movement.
Fly Bike Foldable Indoor/Outdoor Toddlers Glide Tricycle
With its simple design and durable construction, the Fly Bike Foldable Glide Tricycle will help your little lady develop steering skills and balance. Because it’s compact and foldable, you can easily take the trike anywhere, and the trike boasts a smooth, quiet ride. Available in a cute pink/pearl finish, the Fly Bike is more akin to a scooter than a tricycle, as your little rider uses her feet to steer and power the trike. Since the Fly Bike is lightweight, your child will develop independence and confidence as she picks up the trike and moves it on her own.
- No assembly is required.
- The Fly Bike is designed for riders under 36 inches tall.
- Maximum weight capacity is 40 pounds.
- Sturdy wheels and wide seat provide the ultimate in stability.
Radio Flyer Scoot-About
Your little rider can improve his or her motor skills and have tons of fun learning on the Radio Flyer Scoot-About. At a price of $59 or less, the no-frills Scoot-About accommodates a variety of budgets and is perfect for riders between the ages of 1 – 3 years. The trike is sturdy and safe, with a metal frame, four rubber tires and a furniture-friendly front bumper. Your little rider will love the ringing chrome bell and fun streamers.
- The Scoot-About is easily assembled in under 30 minutes.
- You can easily adjust seat height via an easy-turn knob.
- This trike is easy to steer and features secure metal handlebars with rubber grips.
- The Radio Flyer Scoot-About is lightweight and portable.
The Best Tricycle for Your 2-Year-Old
Two-year-olds can be rough with their possessions, so the best tricycle for a 2-year-old should be durable and stand up to excessive wear and tear. You’ll find an array of sturdy trikes on the market that are perfect for your 2-year-old, no matter if they’ve never been behind the wheel or if they’re already a confident trike rider. Ranging in price from about $30 to upwards of $100, most of the following tricycles are versatile and fully adjustable so that your child can keep riding even after a growth spurt.
8 Top Rated Trikes for 2 Years Old: Quick Comparison
Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer and Stroll Trike
The Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer and Stroll Trike is the perfect ride for toddlers who are confident enough to ride on their own yet still want to be pushed from time to time. The parent steering handle is simple to remove, and the pedals conveniently convert into footrests. While the Deluxe Steer and Stroll Trike cannot be pedaled backwards, the loose steering gives your little rider a wide range of motion.
- With a maximum weight capacity of 50 pounds, this trike is perfect for riders ages 2 – 5.
- Kids love to ring the bright red trike’s chrome bell.
- The Deluxe Steer and Stroll’s adjustable seat grows with your child.
- Your child can tote his or her toys or snacks along in the trike’s covered storage bin.
- Durable molded wheels allow for a smooth, quiet ride.
Girls Fisher Price Grow With Me Trike
An exceptional value among starter trikes, the Girls Fisher Price Grow With Me Trike is durable and easily adjustable. Your little lady will love how she can either pedal her pink-and-purple trike or scoot along using her feet, and its wide wheel base means you won’t have to worry about the trike tipping over. The grow-with-me seat accommodates kids between 24 months – 5 years.
- Simple to assemble in about 20 minutes using only a Phillips screwdriver and rubber mallet.
- The trike’s slip-resistant pedals are easily adjustable.
- The Fisher Price Grow With Me Trike has a maximum weight capacity of 55 pounds.
- Easy-grip handlebars help young riders learn how to confidently steer and maneuver their trike.
Boys Fisher Price Grow With Me Trike
Your 2-year-old will turn heads as he zips around the neighborhood on his Fisher Price Grow With Me Trike. The sleek grey/blue trike features a fully adjustable seat and pedals that grow with your little guy, ensuring years of enjoyment. The trike’s strong plastic tires stand up to constant use, and the trike’s thick handles keep him holding on, even when he’s making sharp turns.
- Detailed assembly instructions make assembly a breeze.
- Removable pedal blocks allow your little rider to scoot around until he’s tall enough to reach the pedals.
- Plastic construction allows for easy cleaning using only soap and water.
- Designed for riders ages 2 – 5 who are under 55 pounds.
Fisher-Price Kawasaki Tough Trike
With a pretend key and wide, stable base, your little rider will feel like a big kid on the Fisher-Price Kawasaki Tough Trike. Boasting a budget-friendly price tag of around $30, along with rugged tires and easy-grip handlebars, the Tough Trike is a great introductory trike for your 2-year-old. The trike’s sleek Kawasaki styling will make your little rider feel like a big kid, and he or she will love the “secret” storage compartment under the trike’s comfort-ride seat.
- Tough Trike’s maximum weight capacity is 55 pounds.
- The Kawasaki Tough Trike is available in blue/grey with black wheels.
- You can easily assemble the Tough Trike in 30 minutes or less using a hammer and screwdriver.
Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike
Thanks to its rugged tires and heavy-duty steel construction, the Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike will make your little guy or gal feel like they’re riding a “real” bike. The comfortable, sculpted seat is easy to adjust as your child grows, and the trike’s low center of gravity helps prevent tip-overs. With fun tassels and a working bell, the Roadster looks great and boasts a real wood deck with Schwinn logo.
- Bright blue trike is perfect for boys and girls ages 18 months – 5 years.
- Unlike many trikes designed for toddlers, the Schwinn Roadster has rubber tires with inner tubes.
- The Roadster is easy to assemble.
- Chrome handlebars and easy-grip handles provide stability.
Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle with Push Handle
The Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle with Push Handle is the perfect choice if you want to help your 2-year-old learn to steer and build confidence as an independent rider. The trike’s removable parent push handle is adjustable to three positions to accommodate adults of varying sizes, and the pedals turn automatically when the trike is in motion. You and your toddler will both love the Classic Tricycle’s retro look, with a bright red paint job and chrome accents.
- The Classic Tricycle features a 10-inch front wheel and a wide turning radius for a safe, stable ride.
- Designed for riders ages 2 – 4 years who are under 42 pounds.
- Real rubber tires allow for a smooth, quiet ride in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- The comfortable seat is adjustable and grows with your child.
- The trike’s sturdy back deck means that a friend can ride along under adult supervision.
Radio Flyer Girls Classic Pink Dual Deck Tricycle
Your little princess can speed around the yard and neighborhood safely and with style on the Radio Flyer Girls Classic Pink Dual Deck Tricycle. Featuring a fully adjustable seat, attractive chrome accents and a stable, 12-inch front wheel, this sturdy trike is designed for years of riding fun. The trike’s dual deck allows for a rear standing passenger, and a cheerful chrome bell alerts passers-by that your little rider is coming through.
- The weight capacity of the Classic Pink Dual Deck Tricycle is 49 pounds.
- A wide turning radius and well-made rubber tires will keep her upright.
- Easy to assemble in about 30 minutes.
- This classic Radio Flyer trike is designed to grow with riders aged 2 – 5 years.
Fisher-Price Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike
Packaged in convenient, frustration-free packaging, the Fisher-Price Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike is the ultimate “grow-with-me” ride for your 2-year-old. Designed to accommodate kids ages 18 months – 5 years, the Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike easily converts from a stationary rocking seat to a roll-along ride pushed via a sturdy parent handle and finally to a pedal-powered trike.
- Due to its hard plastic tires, the Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike is best used indoors.
- Simple to convert from roll-along to pedal-powered trike by folding up the foot pegs and adjusting the seat.
- The Rock, Roll ‘n Ride Trike is best for kids weighing 50 pounds and under.
- Simple to clean thanks to its plastic construction.
Fisher-Price DC Super Friends Batman Lights And Sounds Trike
If your outgoing little rider wants to make an entrance, the Fisher-Price DC Super Friends Batman Lights And Sounds Trike is a great option. With flashing lights, tons of themed decals and messages from Batman himself via a pretend walkie-talkie, this top-rated trike features an adjustable seat to accommodate your growing toddler. Your 2-year-old will love the trike’s spacious under-seat “secret” storage compartment.
- Maximum weight capacity of the Batman Lights And Sounds Trike is 60 pounds.
- Light and sound features require three AAA batteries, which are not included with the trike.
- Your little superhero will stay safe thanks to the trike’s slip-resistant pedals and wide, stable base.
- Designed for riders between 2 – 6 years old.
- Clear assembly instructions allow you to construct the trike with ease.
The Best Tricycle for Your 3-Year-Old
By the time your toddler is 3, he or she has developed strong motor skills and improved balance that will help them become even more confident riders. They likely don’t need parent help to steer or push them along, and the best tricycle for a 3-year-old is one that allows them to feel safe yet independent.
3 Top Rated Trikes for 3 Year Old: Quick Comparison
Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike
On the Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike, your little rider will look cool and feel comfortable and they speed around the neighborhood or yard. A top seller, this Harley-themed Tough Trike features a clicking “key” and roomy under-seat storage compartment along with rugged tires that hold up to extended use, even over tough terrain. Parents appreciate that this trike is strong, durable and reasonably priced at about $30.
- The trike’s comfort-ride seat is fully adjustable.
- Large foot pedals and a stable wheel base keep your little rider from tipping over.
- The Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike is recommended for ages 2 – 6 years.
- Easy to assemble in 30 minutes or less.
Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike
Sidewalks, level sections of grass and large decks are the perfect riding ground for the Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike. The chrome handlebars and bright red finish provide a retro look that both you and your 3-year-old rider will love. The Red Rider Trike’s high-back seat is super comfy and fully adjusts as your child grows. With a price tag of $41 for years of enjoyment, you can feel good knowing that your money was well spent.
- The trike’s strong plastic wheels are virtually noiseless.
- Simple to assemble in about 20 minutes using a screwdriver and hammer.
- Your child can carry their favorite toys along for the ride thanks to the covered rear storage bin.
- Designed for riders between 30 months – 5 years.
Radio Flyer Classic Red Dual Deck Tricycle
The award-winning Radio Flyer Classic Red Dual Deck Tricycle is stylish and sturdy, with plenty of classic details that make it stand out, including red-and-cream streamers. Easy to maneuver with a low center of gravity and turning radius, you can rest assured that your 3-year-old will have a fun and safe ride no matter the terrain. Rubber tires provide excellent traction and control.
- Accommodates rider with a maximum weight of 50 pounds.
- The Classic Red Dual Deck Tricycle’s comfortable seat is adjustable to three levels.
- The fun bell can be spun or rung via a flick of the thumb.
- Arrives mostly assembled and requires only about 15 minutes and minimal tools to complete.
The Best Push Handle Tricycle
Push handle trikes give you peace of mind as your toddler builds up his or her riding skills, and the best push handle tricycle converts into a fully operational pedal bike with ease. The Radio Flyer name has been synonymous with bike and tricycle quality for more than 90 years, as demonstrated by their versatile and strong 4-in-1 Trike and that is the reason why we have chosen it as the best toddler tricycle with push handle.
Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike
With myriad safety features, including a three-point harness and canopy that blocks harmful UV rays, the Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike grows with your child, from about 9 months all the way to 5 years. Radio Flyers are tough and durable, with a frame and body constructed from high-quality steel. This push handle tricycle has a roomy seat which is fully adjustable, and the parent push handle easily snaps off when your toddler is ready to pedal on his or her own.
- Easy to maintain, even after months of use, and requires periodic oiling.
- When used as a push-along, the pedals lock in place and can be used as footrests.
- The trike’s sturdy wrap-around tray keeps your child safe and features a cup holder.
- Maximum weight capacity of 49 pounds.
- The Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike can be completely assembled in 30 minutes or less.