Best Pedal Car for Kids in 2017 – Reviews & Comparison
From the moment they start to walk, your kids want to be like you. They’ll try on mom’s shoes and play with dad’s keys, and many parents wonder how they grow up so fast. To young children, the ultimate symbol of adulthood is a car, and in today’s modern world, you can let them “drive” their own car even before they turn 2.
Behind the wheel of a kids pedal car, your little driver’s eyes will light up, and you’ll love watching them explore every inch of their very own “car,” from the steering wheel to the replica key that really turns. Whether they’re crafted from hard plastic or high-quality steel, pedal cars provide a safe and fun way for young riders to experience the thrill of moving around the neighborhood under their own power.
6 Top Rated Pedal Cars for Kids in 2017: Quick Comparison
Reviews of Top Pedal Cars for Kids – Vintage, Classic & Metal Cars Covered
There are plenty of kids pedal cars on today’s market, at a variety of price points, and the best pedal car for kids is one that’s sturdy, well-constructed and designed to grow with your child, giving them years of driving fun and memories that will last a lifetime. Be it a vintage pedal car, a classic or a metal one, children always love to ride on them.
Little Tikes Cozy Truck
Your little rider will feel all grown up as he or she honks the horn and opens the realistic “gas cap” on their Little Tikes Cozy Truck. This spacious truck can accommodate both a driver and passenger with a combined weight of up to 50 pounds. The youngest riders can use their feet to maneuver this pedal car, and its well-built frame can be used both indoors and outside. Boasting a removable floorboard that can be securely attached when your toddler can finally reach the pedals, the Cozy Truck grows with your child.
- Recommended for ages 18 months – 5 years.
- Steering wheel horn requires two LR44 button-cell batteries for operation.
- Your toddler can get in and out of the Cozy Truck on their own via the functional driver’s side door.
- Easy to assemble in 30 minutes or less.
- The Cozy Truck’s rugged wheels are durable and quiet.
InStep Fire Truck – Perfect Vintage Pedal Car for Kids
At first glance, InStep’s Fire Truck Pedal Car looks as though it drove out of a 1950s-era film, but its state-of-the-art construction and modern accents are firmly rooted in the present. Your toddler will think he’s a grown-up firefighter as he speeds around in his retro-style Fire Truck Pedal Car, which boasts a bright red paint job and removable wooden ladders secured on holders, just like the real thing. This sturdy and sleek pedal car features an adjustable pedal drive to accommodate your growing child, along with a spacious rear storage area.
- Easy to steer, this vintage pedal car rides smooth on rubber tires with realistic chrome hub caps.
- Maximum weight capacity of the InStep Fire Truck is 70 pounds.
- This pedal car is best for riders ages 24 months – 5 years.
- A durable and strong steel frame is accented with a shiny chrome steering wheel and working bell.
InStep Pink Lady – Classic Pedal Car for Girls
Once your little lady gets behind the wheel of her very own cotton candy-pink classic pedal car, she’ll want to show off her new ride to the whole neighborhood. Authentic 1950s-style detailing and a durable steel frame, along with its reasonable price tag of $104, make the InStep Pink Lady classic pedal Car an exceptional value that she’ll enjoy for years to come. Riders as young as 18 months can use their feet to scoot around in their Pink Lady while the fully adjustable pedal drive accommodates riders of varied heights.
- The included custom decal package allows for fun personalization.
- The Pink Lady Pedal Car supports riders up to 60 pounds.
- Features lots of leg room and a functional steering wheel with a wide turning radius.
- Long-lasting finish is easy to clean, and you can even wax the Pink Lady to a shine.
- Strong construction resists tipping and excessive wear-and-tear.
InStep Street Rod – Classic Pedal Car
Your little driver will be the coolest kid on the block in the retro-inspired InStep Street Rod kids pedal car. With a classic look akin to a retro hot rod, kids love the cool flame details and the sleek look of the pedal car’s sturdy rubber tires with chrome hub caps. Three different pedal positions help you find the perfect fit for your growing toddler, and the Street Rod’s solid steel construction provides exceptional durability. With a maximum weight capacity of 70 pounds, the Street Rod classic pedal Car will give your toddler years of “racing” enjoyment.
- The Street Rod’s black paint job is durable, weather-resistant and lead-free.
- Includes all hardware needed for easy assembly.
- InStep’s steering mechanism handles well and is easy to use.
- Kids can use their feet or attached wide pedals to drive their Street Rod.
- Recommended for ages 24 months – 5 years.
InStep Police Pedal Car
With its streamlined look, fun and detailed accents, and retro styling, your little rider’s InStep Police Pedal Car is sure to be an instant hit. The steering wheel is easy to control, even when making sharp turns, and the real rubber tires make for a smooth ride. As your child grows, you can adjust the pedal drive to three levels to accommodate their new height. At a cost of about $135, the InStep Police Pedal Car is a solid investment that will help your child get exercise and build motor skills as they cruise the neighborhood.
- Appropriate for ages 2 – 5.
- Clear instructions make assembly a breeze.
- The Police Pedal Car features durable steel construction.
- Maximum recommended rider weight is 70 pounds.
- The pedal car’s lead-free paint resists chipping and fading.
Little Tikes Cozy Coupe 30th Anniversary Car
With its vibrant red-and-yellow plastic body and working horn, the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe is an American icon, powered by happy tots in countless driveways and neighborhood parks for three decades. In celebration of its iconic pedal car, Little Tikes has released a 30th anniversary version that retains the car’s classic styling but with new features for your modern lifestyle. The updated design boasts a convenient parent handle for push rides and a removable floor so that small riders can move the Cozy Coupe with their feet instead of pedals.
- Designed for riders ages 18 months – 5 years.
- Easy to wipe clean, the Cozy Coupe is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Front wheels have a 360-degree turning radius for easy maneuverability.
- The Little Tikes Cozy Coupe is manufactured in the United States.
- Features a rear storage tray, fun cartoon eyes in front and a replica ignition switch.