Best Electric Scooter Under $100, $200 & $300 in 2017 – Reviews & Comparison
The Best Electric Scooter Under $100
Electric scooters give your child power and speed they just can’t get on a road bike, and today’s state-of-the-art scooters are safer and more powerful than ever. Even riders as young as 3 years old can safely ride an electric scooter under adult supervision, and bigger kids can gain independence as they learn safe riding skills while zipping through the neighborhood on their very own electric scooter.
Whether you’re reluctant to spend top dollar on a scooter only to have your son or daughter lose interest in it after a few weeks, or you’re simply on a tight budget, a high-quality and durable electric scooter isn’t out of reach. If your kids are smaller and you are looking for something at a bargain price, try a kids wagon instead. We present you a comparison of the best electric scooters for the money below.
The best e-scooters under $100 are reasonably priced yet well-made and fun to ride.
3 Top Rated Electric Scooters Under $100: Quick Comparison
|Product||Rating||Min. Age||Max. Allowed Weight||Speed Limit|
|Pulse Performance Products GRT-11||8 Years||120 lbs||8 mph|
|Pulse Performance Products Disney Princess 3-Wheel||3 Years||50 lbs||1.75 mph|
|Pulse Performance Products Reverb||8 Years||120 lbs||10 mph|
Pulse Performance Products GRT-11 Electric Scooter
A two-wheeled scooter equipped with an 80-watt, chain-driven motor, the GRT-11 Electric Scooter from Pulse Performance Products is a top choice for beginning riders. The scooter’s rechargeable 12-volt battery provides up to 50 minutes of continuous drive time, perfect for zipping to a friend’s house or nearby convenience store. The sleek GRT-11 is available in royal blue with grey accents, and the durable paint job can stand up to hard riding conditions.
- Supports riders ages 8 and up who weigh 120 pounds or less.
- The GRT-11 can reach a maximum speed of 8 miles per hour.
- Your young rider will be able to stop quickly thanks to the scooter’s strong rear foot brake.
- Easy to assemble in about 10 minutes using only a screwdriver.
Disney Princess Safe Start 3-Wheel Electric Scooter
With a price tag of about $65, the Disney Princess Safe Start 3-Wheel Electric Scooter is one of the most durable yet inexpensive models on the market. Great for beginning riders between the ages of 3 – 6 and under 50 pounds, this 6-volt electric scooter will help your little princess build safe riding skills that will last a lifetime. The Safe Start 3-Wheel Electric features a push-button throttle and built-in steering limiter.
- The vehicle’s Safe Start feature means she’ll accelerate and decelerate smoothly.
- Maximum speed of this Disney Princess scooter is 1.75 miles per hour.
- Low deck and durable urethane wheels provide a stable yet smooth ride.
- Riders will enjoy about 40 minutes of continuous riding on a full battery charge.
Pulse Performance Products Reverb Electric Scooter
Painted a vibrant electric green, providing great aesthetics and visibility, Pulse Performance Products’ Reverb Electric Scooter is efficient and durable. The scooter’s heavy steel frame provides superior protection, and its rugged urethane tires keep the ride smooth. Designed for riders under 120 pounds, the 24-volt Reverb Electric Scooter can reach speeds up to 10 miles per hour and provides a great value for the money. The scooter’s Push-To-Go technology gives your rider extra control as he or she kicks off to get the ride started, making the Reverb an exceptional value among low-priced scooters.
- The Reverb Electric Scooter is recommended for ages 8 and up.
- Features a caliper hand brake, 100-watt chain driven motor and motocross-style twist throttle.
- Quick, no-hassle assembly in about 15 minutes.
- Your rider will enjoy a ride time of up to 50 minutes on a single battery charge.
The Best Electric Scooter Under $200
Seasoned scooter riders may be ready for the next level of riding, and if your child has outgrown their first scooter or you’re willing to pay a little extra for a superior ride, there are plenty of attractive options available for boys and girls alike. Kick-start motors, strong brakes and long-lasting batteries are standard among these intermediate-level scooters.
“Razor” is a well-known name among riders of basic electric scooters, but it’s a stand-out force in the electric scooter market as well. The award-winning, California-based company was founded in 2000, and their line of electric scooters exemplify Razor’s commitment to excellence. The following list of the best scooters under $200 all fly under the Razor name and boast quality construction, superior handling and quiet yet powerful motors.
6 Top Rated Electric Scooters Under $200: Quick Comparison
Razor E100 Electric Scooter
Designed for riders ages 8 and up, the bright pink Razor E100 Electric Scooter is perfect for young ladies who have a need for speed and want to show off some style at the same time. She’ll enjoy a continuous ride time of up to 40 minutes at a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour, and the ride will be smooth and comfortable thanks to the E100’s 8-inch, low-maintenance pneumatic tires. The E100 is easy to control and steer, and even beginners will be riding alongside the big kids in no time.
- Maximum weight capacity of the E100 is 120 pounds.
- Safety features include a hand-operated rear brake and simple kick-start motor.
- A spring-loaded kickstand means the E100 boasts extra stability even when parked.
- The E100 comes with all the tools necessary for assembly.
- Long-lasting 24-volt battery recharges fully in about 12 hours.
Razor Power Core E90 Electric Scooter
Thanks to the Razor Power Core E90’s trademark “swish” sound and attractive green paint job, your speed demon will turn heads as they zip around town on this highly rated electric scooter. The re-vamped Power Core E90 boasts 50 percent more power than the original E90, with a super-strong battery that gives riders up to 80 minutes of continuous use. Long-lasting and durable, the E90 is simple to maintain and needs no chain tensioner or alignment.
- The Power Core E90 can reach a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour.
- A two-step engine start process and hand-operated front fender brake help keep riders safe.
- Features a retractable kickstand and durable urethane front wheel for extra stability.
- The E90 supports riders up to 120 pounds.
Razor E200 Electric Scooter
Kids love the Razor E200’s eye-catching teal paint job and fast speeds, which top out at about 12 miles per hour, and parents can breathe easy knowing that the popular scooter slows down a bit over tough terrain. Weighing in at about 40 pounds, the Razor E200 Electric Scooter is sturdy and strong yet easy to handle. The scooter’s high-performance motor is super quiet, and it rides smooth on large, 8-inch pneumatic tires.
- A spring-loaded kickstand fully supports the scooter when parked.
- The powerful 24-Volt Seal battery system provides a continuous ride of about 40 minutes.
- Maximum weight capacity of 154 pounds.
- The Razor E200 is recommended for confident riders 13 and up.
- Clear instructions and included extension for topping up the rear tire ensure an easy assembly.
Razor E300 Electric Scooter
With a quiet motor and sturdy construction, the Razor E300 Electric Scooter delivers superior power and performance whether you’re in an urban or rural setting. Designed to support riders up to 220 pounds, the E300 boasts a super-sized deck and beefy, 10-inch tires for smooth rolling, no matter the terrain. Like similar Razor models, the E300 is equipped with a high-torque, chain-driven motor and twist-grip acceleration, but it can reach higher speeds of up to 15 miles per hour.
- Compact frame and retractable kickstand allow riders to lock up their E300 quickly and securely.
- The E300’s 24-volt dual-battery system provides around 40 minutes of continuous riding.
- To assemble, simply connect the handlebars and tighten, charge up the battery and get riding.
- A strong rear brake gives the E300 exceptional stopping power.
Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter
Your child will feel super cool as he or she speeds around the neighborhood on the sturdy and well-made Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter. The E100’s sleek black deck provides the perfect backdrop for the scooter’s brilliant blue LED lights, which ensure that your rider stays visible and safe. Boasting a top speed of 10 miles per hour, a powerful high-torque motor and a hand-operated front brake, the Razor E100 is a favorite choice for kids and parents alike.
- Maximum weight capacity of the E100 is 120 pounds.
- The Razor E100’s frame and fork are constructed of durable steel.
- Assembly is quick, and the setup and charging is simple enough for your child to handle on his or her own.
- The Razor E100 Glow is best suited for riders ages 8 – 12.
Razor E200S Seated Electric Scooter
The Razor E200S Seated Electric Scooter boasts extra features that make it an exceptional value among similarly priced scooters. The comfortable riding seat is removable, giving riders several convenient options. The scooter’s high-performance, chain-driven motor is quiet and powerful, and riders can reach a maximum speed of 12 miles per hour. The scooter’s included, easy-to-read instruction manual allows kids to put the E200S together on their own with minimal supervision.
- The powerful E200S boasts around 40 minutes of continuous ride time on its 24-volt battery system.
- The E200S supports riders weighing 154 pounds and under.
- Stopping is quick and safe thanks to the scooter’s hand-operated rear brake.
- Features large, 8-inch pneumatic tires for a smooth ride over varied terrain.
The Best Electric Scooter Under $300
If you really want to wow your kids and you have the cash to spare, spring for an ultra powerful scooter with a price tag in excess of $200. These eye-catching scooters possess more desirable features than their low-budget counterparts, and they typically boast higher speeds as well, clocking in at 12 miles per hour or more.
Your riders also enjoy more variety regarding design when you shell out the extra cash for a high-quality scooter. Some retain the traditional scooter look, but with three wheels or extra-large decks, and other electric scooters are designed to look like mini Vespas, perfect for young riders who love to show off their unique style.
Higher priced electric scooters also tend to accommodate larger riders, ensuring your child years of enjoyment as they grow. Thanks to their hefty tires and extra-powerful motors, traversing rough terrain, such as gravel and hills, is much easier and super smooth on these well-built scooters. You can be assured of quality construction and a sturdy, long-lasting scooter when you select one of the best electric scooters under $300.
5 Top Rated Electric Scooters Under $300: Quick Comparison
Razor E300 Electric Scooter
Relatively simple in design but with plenty of attractive features, the Razor E300 Electric Scooter is fun and easy to ride. The E300’s high-performance, chain-driven motor is super quiet and delivers a stable ride, even over rough terrain. Its cool blue paint job is durable and easy to clean, making it a great choice for riders 12 years and older who want a low-maintenance ride that’s powerful and eye-catching.
- A super-sized deck and frame and wide, 10-inch tires accommodate riders up to 220 pounds.
- The Razor E300 tops out at 15 miles per hour.
- The scooter’s strong rear brake allows for smooth stopping.
- Battery is fully charged in 12 hours or less and provides up to 40 minutes of continuous run time.
Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
Like most Razor electric scooters, the E300S is equipped with a high-torque, chain-driven motor and hand-operated rear brake, but it goes the extra mile with both speed and construction. The powerful E300S Seated Electric Scooter tops out at 15 miles per hour yet stays quiet during operation. Designed to support riders up to 220 pounds, the E300 features a super-sized deck and frame, extra wide 10-inch pneumatic tires as well as comfortable padded seat that is easy to remove for stand-up riding.
- Long-lasting 24-volt Seal battery system is fully recharged in about 12 hours.
- Riders can keep the scooter safe and sturdy while parked thanks to its spring-loaded, retractable kickstand.
- Recommended for riders 13 and up.
- The Razor E300S provides up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time on a single battery charge.
Razor E325 Electric Scooter
Kids and adults alike can move around with speed and style on the E325 Electric Scooter, Razor’s fastest electric model. The black/silver E325 boasts an ultra-smooth ride thanks to its strong, extra-wide 10-inch pneumatic tires. With a large deck and frame, the E325 comfortably supports riders weighing up to 220 pounds. Topping out at a maximum speed of 15 miles per hour, this scooter features a twist-grip throttle and handles well over both smooth and rough terrain.
- The E325’s chain-driven motor is powerful yet super quiet.
- Riders will enjoy about 45 minutes of continuous ride time on a full battery charge.
- The Razor E325 comes with all necessary tools for quick and easy assembly.
- Designed for riders 12 years and older.
- Fully portable, the lightweight E325’s handlebars can be easily folded in line with its base.
Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
Your little lady will turn heads as she zips around on her vintage-inspired Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter, available with an attractive light purple paint job known as “Betty.” The sleek look of a real Vespa and the portability of a Razor scooter combine in the Pocket Mod, which features a comfy seat and sturdy footrests, a roomy under-seat storage compartment and a powerful, ultra-quiet engine that can reach a maximum speed of 15 miles per hour. If your daughter can balance and ride a bike, she’ll be a pro Pocket Mod rider in no time!
- The Pocket Mod’s rear suspension system and beefy 12-inch pneumatic tires allow for a smooth ride.
- Comfortably supports riders under 170 pounds, ages 13 and up.
- A single battery charge will provide up to 10 miles of driving.
- This scooter works well on varied terrain, including asphalt, gravel and hills.
Razor Trikke E2 Electric Scooter
Your child will love how the Razor Trikke E2 Electric Scooter handles like a race car, with a wide turning radius and two-step, push-start operation. This next generation scooter boasts three wheels rather than two, and it further stands out from the crowd thanks to its dual cambering platforms that allow riders more control, even when making tight turns. With a maximum cruising speed of 9 miles per hour, the Trikke E2 is perfect for seasoned riders ages 8 and up.
- Some assembly is required.
- The Trikke E2 is sleek, stable and well-built, with a durable bright-blue paint job.
- The scooter’s 6-inch urethane wheels work best on asphalt and hard surfaces.
- Supports a maximum rider weight of 220 pounds.
- Two 12-volt batteries have a charge life of up to 40 minutes when used continuously.
The Best High-End or Premium Electric Scooters
Your child deserves the best, and when cost is no concern, your scooter options are virtually endless. Premium electric scooters are super powerful, and many can keep up with slow traffic, making them a great option for short trips to the store or your child’s weekend job. These high-end scooters come with hefty price tags but help your young rider foster independence and road safety skills that you can’t put a price on.
As these scooters are not simply glorified toys, like many of their low-cost counterparts, they typically require periodic maintenance, such as oiling the chain and brakes. The best high-end electric scooters are super fast and boast luxury features, such as working headlights, locking frames and key-ignition security.
UberScoot 1600 48-Volt Electric Scooter
Hills, gravel and rough terrain are no match for the versatile and ultra powerful UberScoot 1600 48-Volt Electric Scooter. The UberScoot 1600’s insanely powerful four-battery system allows riders to reach speeds up to 20 miles per hour, and an economy mode button helps conserve battery life, already impressively long at about 12 miles per charge. Even with its superior strength, the 1600 is fully portable and easy to fold, boasting a quick-release seat and locking frame, so riders can take it virtually anywhere.
- Features front and rear lights for superior visibility and safety.
- The scooter’s key ignition provides an extra level of security and control.
- 12-inch, knobby tires make for a smooth ride whether you’re riding on asphalt or taking the 1600 off-road.
- Designed for strong, confident riders up to 265 pounds.
- The 1600 requires periodic maintenance to ensure top performance.
Black Super Turbo 1000-Watt Elite 36-Volt Electric Scooter
More powerful than most electric scooters in its class, the Super Turbo Elite, manufactured by Super Cycles and Scooters, boasts high-quality construction and impressive features that make it stand out. The scooter accommodates riders up to 265 pounds, and its front swinger mono shock system and high-impact tires ensure a smooth, comfortable ride over all types of terrain. As an added bonus, with the purchase of the Super Turbo Elite, Super Cycles provides riders with exclusive access to easy-to-follow maintenance and service videos.
- Safety features of the Super Turbo Elite include strong disc brakes and bright LED headlight.
- A single battery charge can provide up to 18 miles of riding.
- The Super Turbo Elite can reach a maximum speed of 26 miles per hour.
- An econo/turbo mode button helps conserve battery life and provides extra power when traversing hills.