Best Electric Motorcycle for Kids in 2017 – Reviews & Comparison
If your child likes to ride bikes but wants more speed and power, they’ll get tons of use out of an electric motorcycle. Don’t let the word “electric” intimidate you, however. Today’s kids electric motorcycles are sleek, sturdy and safe, boasting a variety of features such as pneumatic tires, retractable kickstands and twist-grip acceleration control. Best of all, an electric motorcycle is a great way for your child to learn road safety and gain confidence as a rider.
Whether they just want to zip around your neighborhood’s sidewalks or are gearing up for an off-road adventure, it’s easy to find the perfect electric motorcycle for your child’s size and needs as well as your budget. Even toddlers won’t be left out of the fun: Several models are designed for the smallest riders, with three wheels rather than two and low maximum speeds. They should also know that its now time to move from a kids pedal car to an electric vehicle that can be easily controlled and gets to higher speed.
And, if your 10-year-old is ready to tear up your local dirt track, you can pick out a motocross-style electric cycle with a suspension system that handles well along with a high-torque engine that can reach speeds of about 15 miles per hour.
Ensure that your little rider is completely safe with a cool helmet and pads, and then let them experience the thrill and freedom of a real working motorcycle! Here’s a rundown of the best electric motorcycles for kids.
7 Top Rated Electric Motorbikes for Children: Quick Comaprison
Reviews of Top Kids Electric Motorcycles in 2017
Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
Your little rider will feel just like a professional motocross racer as he or she zips around on the Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket. High-grade features, including dual suspension and 12-inch knobby tires, make for a smooth ride over rough terrain, even at the Dirt Rocket’s maximum speed of about 14 miles per hour. Designed for ages 13 and up, the Dirt Rocket boasts sturdy steel construction and looks sharp as well, with authentic motocross styling.
- The MX350 is simple to assemble in 30 minutes or less.
- Riders will enjoy up to 10 miles of travel on a single battery charge.
- The Dirt Rocket’s chain-driven motor is powerful yet super quiet.
- Maximum rider weight is 150 pounds.
Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
Razor Dirt Rocket MX 500 is a perfect blend of power and looks. It is an ideal bike for your teenager who loves to zip around on a dirt bike. It has a powerful 500 watt electric motor which delivers speed up to 15 mph. Equipped with duel suspension and riser handle bar guarantees comfortable ride. It is an actual scaled down dirt bike, recommended for 14 yrs old & above and can carry 175 lbs. Quite a deal around 400$.
- Kids love this powerful 500 watts motocross bike with variable chain driven speed
- Dirt bike frame geometry with large knobby pneumatic tires
- Required 8 hours of full charge and a single charge can go up to 10 miles
- Suitable for 14+ yrs and under 157 lbs
Best Choice Products Kids Ride On Motorcycle
When your toddler hops on the colorful Best Choice Products Kids Ride On Motorcycle, they may never want to get off. With three hard plastic wheels for extra support, real working headlights and a maximum speed of just under 2 miles per hour, your little rider will stay safe whether he’s riding around the lawn or the living room carpet. This electric bike features simple foot pedal control, reverse mode and a roomy rear storage compartment for added fun.
- Strong and durable for years of enjoyment.
- Kids love the motorcycle’s built-in horn and music sounds.
- This ride-on electric motorcycle is sturdy and lightweight for easy portability.
- Perfect for kids ages 18 months – 3 years who weigh under 44 pounds.
Lil’ Rider Harley Style Wild Child Motorcycle
It’s never too early for your child to ride his or her first Harley. Your toddler will love the sleek look and fun features of the Lil’ Rider Harley Style Wild Child Motorcycle, such as a real working headlight and dual forward-reverse modes. The Wild Child rides smooth both indoors and out, with a maximum speed of 3 miles per hour. Designed for long-lasting durability and kids ages 2 – 4, this Lil’ Rider will withstand tons of wear and tear from your wild child.
- Made from strong plastic for easy cleaning, but it looks like a real metal motorcycle.
- Maximum recommended rider weight is 55 pounds.
- The Wild Child’s 18-watt motor boasts super-quiet operation.
- This electric motorcycle can be fully assembled with ease in about 15 minutes.
Razor MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
Once they get comfortable riding at top speeds of 17 miles per hour, you’ll have a tough time getting your kids off the Razor MX650 Rocket Electric! Featuring authentic dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, chain-driven motor, the Rocket Electric is stylish and powerful. Your speed demon will enjoy up to 40 minutes of continuous use on a single battery charge, and you can feel good knowing that the MX650’s strong, hand-operated disc brakes allow them to stop on a dime. Perfect for kids 9-12 years old, the Rocket Electric can handle anything your rider can dish out.
- Dual suspension system and well-made pneumatic knobby tires make for a comfortable ride.
- The MX650 accommodates riders up to 220 pounds.
- Battery is fully charged in 12 hours or less.
- Simply install the front tire and handlebars to fully assemble the Razor MX650.
12V Police Motorcycle
Your little rider will be the coolest kid on the block as he or she fights neighborhood crime on this scaled-down, 12V Police Motorcycle. Boasting sleek styling, an easy-clean white body and real working lights and siren, this electric bike is safe and super fun to ride. A variable hand accelerator allows them to easily control their speed and direction, with two forward speeds, maxing out at 5 miles per hour, and one reverse.
- Designed for outdoor use and riders ages 5 – 8.
- Clear instructions make for easy assembly in about 20 minutes.
- Maximum weight capacity is 110 pounds.
- Features include chrome detail, side-view mirrors and rear storage compartment.
- Three wheels and powerful brakes keep your little rider safe on all types of terrain.
Razor Pocket Rocket Miniature Electric Bike
Fun, durable and safe, the Razor Pocket Rocket Miniature Electric Bike is designed for a smooth ride in controlled street environments. The Pocket Rocket boasts versatile operation, thanks to its twist-grip throttle and variable speeds up to 15 miles per hour. This mini electric bike’s 10-inch pneumatic tires are perfect for freewheeling fun, and the Pocket Rocket can carry riders up to 170 pounds. With a price tag of $150, this is a great value among electric bikes.
- Riders will enjoy about 45 minutes of continuous ride time on a single battery charge.
- Pit stand and assembly tools are included with the Razor Pocket Rocket.
- The powerful 24-volt battery fully recharges in 4 – 6 hours.
- At a weight of 42 pounds, this bike is sturdy and easy to control.
- Perfect for riders ages 9 – 12.
The Best Electric Moped for Kids
If your child has a need for speed but wants a more grown-up vehicle, they’ll love the strength and style of an electric moped. Ideal for quick rides to the neighborhood store or a nearby friend’s house, electric mopeds foster independence. Kids electric mopeds are available in fun, bright colors and top out at speeds of about 15 miles per hour, making them an exceptional choice when your little rider wants to gain confidence on the road and turn heads!
Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
Your little rider will feel super cool as she speeds around the block on her Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter. With vintage-inspired styling and a high-performance electric motor, the Pocket Mod is sleek and durable, and it can accommodate riders up to 170 pounds. Heavy-duty, 12-inch pneumatic tires make for a smooth ride, and she can haul a few personal items along in the scooter’s roomy under-seat storage compartment. Recommended for riders ages 12 and up, young ladies who are confident on a two-wheel bicycle can operate the Pocket Mod with ease.
- Available in 4 different colors
- The Pocket Mod Euro boasts simple assembly in about 15 minutes.
- Chain-driven motor boasts variable speeds up to 15 miles per hour.
- Long-lasting battery allows your young rider to enjoy up to 10 miles on single charge.
- You’ll love the Pocket Mod’s super quiet operation.