What is The Best Electric Scooter For Kids on The Market in 2016? Here are The Top Picks!
Electric scooters are certainly one of the most wonderful gifts that you can give to your children. Having an electric scooter gives the child a spirit of fun as well as freedom at the same time.
Kids love these kinds of rides and feel really joyful while riding and having fun with their friends. Be it riding on the plain roads, rough terrains or small downhill journeys, children absolutely love them and these are the perfect toys for their growing age.
Kids’ electric scooters are available in different sizes and models and have a lot of unique features to choose from. Based on electric scooter reviews from our experts, we have put together a list of best electric scooters for kids in 2016 which are compared on their various features including the most important one – child safety!
Before you move forward, here is a quick electric scooters comparison which will help you choose the perfect ride for your kid.
In this article, you will also find the best electric vehicles for the kids over the age of 2 years. They will be super excited to get one such personal ride.
Top Rated Electric Scooters for Kids : Quick Comparison
|8+ Yrs||120 lbs||10 mph||1200+||$$|
|13+ Yrs||154 lbs||12 mph||400+||$$|
|13+ Yrs||220 lbs||15 mph||400+||$$$|
|13+ Yrs||220 lbs||15 mph||450+||$$$|
Scroll down to view details and read review of each product.
Top Electric Scooter Reviews
Below are the reviews of the best electric scooter for kids (boys and girls) available in the market in 2016. These comprehensive reviews will provide specifications, features and what age group they are best for.
Razor E100 (8+ Yrs)
Razor E100 is one of the most popular models of the Razor brand and is recommended for children over 8 years of age. This is the perfect scooter for kids of age 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 years since this is the age when they start using such machines and getting comfortable with them.
The best feature that makes it absolutely suitable for small kids is that its maximum speed is 10mph which is not too fast for the young kids so they can learn riding at their own pace and the parents are not afraid of continuous supervision or letting them go anywhere they want.
- Sleek design with twist grip throttle and an ultra-quiet motor.
- The E100 requires a small manual kickoff for a speed up to 3mph before the motor is triggered and comes into play.
- The hand bar is adjustable which is easy for adapting the children of different heights.
- This also comes with a 90 day warranty period which makes it very high quality and dependable.
Overall, this scooter is perfect for kids older than 8 years so that they can start young and can experience the joy of riding at an early stage in their life. Since the maximum speed is 10mph, it also makes it safe for small kids to drive it without much supervision from their parents. It is without a doubt, the best razor electric scooter.
Razor E200 (13+ Yrs)
Non Seated, Seated
90 Days Limited
The Razor E200 is ideal for the beginners and new riders since it has a maximum speed of 12 mph which is considered as safe with a little supervision from the parents. This ride provides comfort to the child and helps them get a good feeling of their first electric vehicle.
- A very high performance motor which can speed up to 12mph giving a perfect platform to the children for learning to ride as well as making their rides as smooth as possible.
- It also features a highly dependable battery system which is powered by a long lasting battery of 24 V which is rechargeable.
- It also has a handy twist grip throttle system, a rear brake which can be controlled by the hand and a spring loaded kickstand.
This kids’ electric scooter has all the qualities of a perfect ride for your children and even comes with a UL approved battery charger and all the tools which are required for its light assembly.
Razor E300 (13+ Yrs)
Razor is one of the most popular brands in the market when it comes to the kid’s electric vehicles. They offer various types of rides for children of all ages. The E300 from Razor is the latest model which they have launched and is among the most popular ones as well. This is by far the most powerful and best electric scooter for boys.
- It features a handy twist grip throttle which makes the motor to start immediately without the need for a kick.
- It also has an ultra-quiet motor which does not make much sound while the child is riding on the scooter.
- The maximum speed for E300 is 15mph which is best suited for children who have an experience or riding as well as beginners who want to ride slow at first and then speed up.
- The brake is hand operated and the deck and frames are made to suit the riders of all sizes.
The key features of this kids scooter make it absolutely safe for the children and this is one of the best electric scooters for kids of age above 13 years.
Razor E300S (13+ Yrs)
The Razor E300S is an extension to the Razor E300 which offers a comfortable seat for the rider. It is considered to be the most powerful and the coolest scooter for kids by Razor.
The main feature of the seat is that it offers a very comfortable ride for your children and can also be removed easily if they want to ride in a standing position. This makes it absolutely unique and adds to the charm of this scooter.
- No manual kickoff needed. The scooter features a handy twist grip throttle which makes it manual kick free.
- With the powerful 24V rechargeable battery, the rider can cruise up to 40 minutes and can then recharge the battery and start riding again.
- The maximum speed of this scooter is also 15mph which is similar to the E300.
- The scooter is also backed by a 90 day warranty and includes everything you need for its light assembly at home.
Overall, the E300S is considered to be the best electric scooter for girls of age 13 years and older and offers a unique design concept which is perfected for a smooth and comfortable ride.
We have already covered the best kids electric scooters of 2016 for the age of 8 years and above but many parents look for kids tricycles, electric motorcycles or motorized scooters for children much younger. To help you find the perfect scooter for your younger ones, we have chosen the following best ones available in the market.
Best Electric Scooter for 5, 6 and 7 Years Old
Best Electric Scooter for 3 and 4 Years Old
Best Motorized Scooter for 2 Years Old
10 Key Features to Consider While Buying an Electric Scooter for Kids
In this section of our guide, we list out the 10 most important features which you should consider while buying a motor scooter for kids and what are the things which you should keep in mind while choosing the right one:
- Safety – The most important thing for your child! Children safety has always been one of our main concerns whenever we let them go out. Hence, it becomes imperative to take extreme care of our children while buying them rides like these so that they enjoy as well as stay safe at all times. It is very essential to check all the safety aspects of the scooter and also important to make them wear the necessary safety gear such as a helmet to ensure that their safety measures are all taken care of. Specially in the case of riding road bikes or dirt bikes, the safety gear plays a very important part and must not be ignored at any cost.
- Minimum Age Requirements – Each electric scooter has a minimum age requirement mentioned in its specifications. It is extremely important to read that and choose the ride which meets the age criteria for your kids. Parents should use their judgment in this case to choose the right scooter for their children.
- Maximum Speed – For the young and new riders, it is suggested to have a scooter whose maximum speed is 10 mph. This is because it may be uncomfortable or fearful for a new or young rider to ride with speed more than 10mph. It might sound too slow but the actual speed can only be experienced while riding on the these scooters. For more experienced children, the max speed can be increased as per their convenience and parent’s consent.
- Throttle Start – This is one of the features in the newer scooters and is used for immediately starting the motor. As per the requirements, parents should either go with the throttle start scooter which means that the motor will immediately start if the throttle is applied from a standstill or with the kick model wherein the child or the parent will have to kick before the motor starts. The kick models can be cheaper than the throttle ones but at the same time they are not that convenient for a long run.
- Tires – Just as motorbikes and two wheelers for adults, tires play an important part in the kids’ electric scooter as well. If the tires are made of rubber and are large, they offer amazingly smooth rides for a lot of riders as compared to the hard plastic ones which might not be able to perform that well and may have a chance of wearing out sooner than the rubber tires. As far as the cost is concerned, the rubber tires are a little expensive than polyurethane tires or the plastic ones.
- Dimensions – The dimensions play an essential role in determining the comfort of the scooter for your kids and helping them take a smooth ride. The dimensions of the deck & frames, the adjustability of the handles and seat are some of the factors that should be considered while buying the ride in order to make sure that that your child rides comfortably and doesn’t face any problems while going on a long ride.
- Battery Life – The battery life determines how long your child will be able to play with the scooter and whether you should use it for long rides or not. The battery charge for the rechargeable batteries is one of the most essential things for all the scooters. One should always go for a higher battery life so that the fun of riding for their children never stops.
- Other Parts – The other parts to consider are the adjustable seats, helmets, battery chargers, brakes & wires, tools needed for assembly and the other accessories which may or may not be available with the ride. One must always check all of these things and understand what is included and what is excluded during the purchase. This should give a better idea of the money to be spent on buying the scooter and what sort of money will be needed for buying the absolutely essential accessories along with it.
- Overall Quality & Brand – It is also important to check the overall quality of the product and the kind of materials used for the body, seat and accessories. Generally, this can be guaranteed by a good brand like Razor where the quality of the materials used in making the product is really nice and the reliability of the brand is also very good.
- Budget – Budget is one of the most important things to consider because these kids scooter can go really high when it comes to price. Generally a good electric ride can come within a price range of $200 to $400 but if you are on a budget, you can also find an electric scooter under $100 and $200 easily. One should also consider finding online discounts and ongoing deals during the Thanksgiving day and Christmas time to avail the special offer price on the ride of their choice.
Based on all of the aforesaid features, we recommend kids electric scooters from Razor, since they meet our safety criteria and offer a wonderful and smooth ride on their electric scooter for kids and teens. If you are looking for electric scooter for your baby girl, you can read our guide here. We have also reviewed electric scooters with seat and if you are interested, read our guide here. We hope that you will find the best ride on for your baby with the little help we have provided.